- A work site, currently empty, has appeared just west of Huyton Junction on the north side of the line at the site of Huyton Quarry station.
- Mast bases have started appearing between Huyton and Eccleston Park.
- Lots of new cable troughing and new rails in the Newton/Earlestown area.
- The switching/substation site at Newton-le-Willows appears externally complete.
- Wiring also appears complete on the Parkside Junction to Lowton Junction curve.
- The length of catenary going east from Parkside Junction is getting a lot longer.
- New cable troughing is being laid east of Eccles.
Tuesday, 23 April 2013
A number of correspondents have provided progress updates:
Posted by Phil Wieland at 11:26